- SNIRT - snow + dirt = messy shit that drives me bonkers
- being cold is not pleasant
- it is inhumane that I live in a city where temperatures get so cold that SNOW IS UNABLE TO FALL
- winter is too damn long and that makes summer that much shorter
- bundling up the kids to go anywhere is painful
- forgetting to warm up the car 10 minutes before we have to go somewhere is irritating
- my 50 minute commute in the morning is on public transportation where often the heat DOES NOT WORK
- my 50 minute commute in the afternoon is on public transportation where often the heat DOES NOT WORK
- constant nasal drip common among children and adults
- this winter the kids and I seem to have gotten sick every second week and for that winter REALLY sucks ass
- not being able to be outside as much as we are in the summer = TOTAL BUMMER
- shovelling is a good workout but I can think of better things to do with my limited free time
- freezing rain is scary
- getting your pants dirty from the knees down with salt stains and SNIRT = UNNECESSARY LAUNDRY (Sabrina - that one was for you!)
- having to roll your pants up to your knees and risk embarrassing your kids so that you can make it through the slush without getting your pants filthy
- it gets dark before we've even had dinner
- the lightest of snowfalls makes everyone drive WAY TOO SLOW
- number 17 meant that it took Pablo and I two hours one morning to drive to an appointment at the hospital when it should only have taken 20 minutes MAX.
- you go outside to get some 'fresh air' and you breathe in through your nose and the air is so cold that it BURNS the insides of your nostrils. Good times.
- having to wear ugly-ass footwear in fear of slipping on ice and cracking your head open
- when ice builds up on the INSIDE of the windows in the house
- when ice builds up on the INSIDE of the car
- GREY. ALL THE TIME. Love it in decorating but not in overtaking the outside world.
- it takes longer to get the kids ready to go outside than they actually spend outside
- and once you get them outside, they decide they have to go to the bathroom AND you asked them right before getting them dressed if they had to go
- DID I MENTION THE COLD?
Saturday, January 29, 2011
A whole bunch of reasons why I hate winter